- Abstract submissions begin: Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Abstract submissions due: Friday, September 14, 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance: Monday, September 24, 2018
- Poster submissions due: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Symposium date: Friday, October 26, 2018
Presenter Instructions and Registration Link
- Graduate student abstract submissions for the 2018 Engineering Graduate Symposium are due on Friday, September 14th. Please click here to access the presenter registration form and abstract submission system. Abstract and poster registration is open to all U-M College of Engineering graduate students.
- Prepare your abstract and poster following the directions below.
- Use the following format and session abbreviations to name your files: EGSR for Emerging Graduate Student Research poster session and AGSR for Advanced Graduate Student Research poster session.
- Download the abstract template here. Open it in your preferred word processor and follow the instructions. Do not change the font, margins, or spacing.
- Abstracts should not exceed 1 page in length and may include a figure. Please see the abstract template example for reference.
- See the abstract rubric for guidance in writing your abstract.
- You may upload your abstract as a .docx or .doc.
In order to ensure the highest quality experience for all participants of the EGS, abstract submissions will be screened by a multidisciplinary panel of postdoctoral judges upon submission. The highest-scoring abstracts will be selected for the competition. The judges will assess the abstracts using the rubric available here. You will be notified by Monday, September 24th if your abstract has been selected for the competition.
- Posters may be prepared in landscape or portrait format. Download the template for your preferred orientation and follow all instructions within the template. Do not change the font, margins or spacing.
Landscape poster template
Portrait poster template
- Your poster title should match the abstract title.
- The judging rubric for the posters is available here.
- Please upload your poster in both PowerPoint) and include a converted PDF version of your poster.
Undergraduate participation will be open to SURE (Summer Undergraduate Research in Engineering) students this year. Undergraduates do not need to a submit an abstract. Please use the undergraduate poster template to submit your poster by Wednesday, October 10th.