Thursday, November 9 to Saturday, November 11, 2017
The Engineering Graduate Symposium (EGS) at the University of Michigan is an annual symposium featuring the research of Michigan Engineering’s master’s and Ph.D. students. The College of Engineering exposes select prospective Ph.D. students to the Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering doctoral programs, with a three day visit to the Michigan Engineering campus. The Travel Grant Weekend is embedded in the annual EGS.
EGS Travel Grant Weekend (By invitation only)
The Travel Grant Weekend includes keynote speakers, an admissions workshop, faculty-prospective student interaction, department visits, and research presentation sessions. The program concludes with a final brunch on Saturday. Travel grant recipients receive airfare/mileage, hotel, local transportation and meals from Thursday through Saturday.
- Submit application by October 7, 2017
- Be a senior undergraduate or master’s student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.6 and above
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Interest in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
And meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the United States
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- Are first-generation U.S. citizens, or will be the first in their families to graduate from a four-year college or university
Selection & Notification: Travel grant applications will be reviewed by faculty in the department/program of interest. Most students will be notified by phone/email by October 17, 2017, if they are selected to receive a travel grant.
Tentative schedule for Travel Grant Recipients
Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Arrival: 2:00 – 5:00 PM ET Flight Arrival and Welcome Social
- Thursday Evening: 7:00 – 9:00 PM Dinner and Social Activities
Friday, November 10, 2017
- Admissions Workshop, Engineering Graduate Symposium and Department Visit
- Friday Evening: Dinner, evening engagement; Free Time in Ann Arbor/Campus
Saturday, November 11, 2017
- Morning: Ann Arbor Activities, Lunch
- Afternoon: Program ends at noon
- 2:00 PM ET onward departure
Please direct questions to email@example.com.