Thursday, October 25 to Saturday, October 27, 2018
The Engineering Graduate Symposium (EGS) at the University of Michigan is an annual symposium featuring the research of Michigan Engineering’s master’s and Ph.D. students. The College of Engineering exposes select prospective Ph.D. students to doctoral programs, with a three day visit to the Michigan Engineering campus. The EGS Weekend Visit is embedded in the annual EGS.
EGS Weekend Visit (by invitation only)
The EGS Weekend Visit includes keynote speakers, an admissions workshop, faculty-prospective student interaction, department visits, and research presentation sessions. The program concludes with a final brunch on Saturday.
Students will be invited to apply for a travel grant to cover airfare/mileage, hotel, local transportation and meals from Thursday through Saturday. The deadline to apply for a travel grant is September 23, 2018. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Submit application by September 23, 2018
- Be a senior undergraduate or master’s student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
And meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the United States
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- Are first-generation U.S. citizens, or will be the first in their families to graduate from a four-year college or university
Selection & Notification: Travel grant applications will be reviewed by faculty in the department/program of interest. Most students will be notified by phone/email by September 28, 2018, if they are selected to receive a travel grant.
Travel Grant Application Review Timeline
Tentative schedule for Travel Grant Recipients
Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Arrival: 2:00 – 5:00 PM ET Flight Arrival and Transfer to Hotel
- Thursday Evening: 7:00 – 9:00 PM Dinner and Social Activities
Friday, October 26, 2018
- Admissions Workshop, Engineering Graduate Symposium and Department Visit
- Friday Evening: Dinner, evening engagement; Free Time in Ann Arbor/Campus
Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Morning: Ann Arbor Activities, Lunch
- Afternoon: Program ends at noon
- 2:00 PM ET onward departure
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Travel Grant Seeker Registration (includes U-M undergraduate students and prospective student visitors):
For prospective graduate students within relatively close driving distance to Ann Arbor, prospective graduate students who intend to fund their own travel and do not wish to apply for a travel grant, or current U-M undergraduate students with intentions to attend the Engineering Graduate Symposium, there is a separate registration process. Please click here to access the registration form for non-travel grant seekers and U-M undergraduate students.